Introduction and Welcome


Image result for welcome gif
Image result for the 100
Image result for tangled



The science fiction genre has always been one of my favorites. The suspense of the unknown and imaginative ideas of what the future might hold. This allows for a wide range of creative control for different plot lines. The 100, and Tangled have inspired me the most while creating this plotline. The film will be based in a dystopian future where technology does not exist. There will be a strong female lead that has been confined to her environment because of the world she lives in. After escaping she will discover a dark truth that answers some of her questions but creates many more. I want this film to be a dance between light and dark, the balance between good and evil. How the two sides are very unclear and sometimes what you think is not as it appears to be. With this film, I hope to immerse the viewer into the world of paranoia, fear, confusing and darkness of a dystopian world where all order and power was lost. Due to the rich becoming to greedy and controlling the power of the other citizens which ultimately lead to the downfall of society. The main characters in this story will be experiencing the effects of their parents decisions and actions. Both the main female and male lead are confined to their social expectations of the class they were born into. They are representative of the balance of light and dark in the world.


Image result
2008 Slasher/Thriller
Then There Was (2014)
2014 thriller

The idea of this film is based off of a short story I wrote called Blackout a couple years ago. I'm very excited to see my vision come to life on screen. I was curious to see if there were any other films similar to mine. After searching the title blackout I found that other films have been made regarding the topic of a mass power outage, but all were significantly different than my plotline. In 2008 an Russian film title Blackout was directed by Rigoberto CastaƱeda. It was a mystery, horror, and thriller about people trapped inside of an elevator. Another film was The Blackout which was a 2014 thriller film directed by Louis Mandylor. This movie more directly relates to mine because it takes place in a post apocalyptic setting. Many of these films that have a main theme of a large scale power failure result in a horror film where the main characters are fighting for their lives.


Image result for science fiction In my film I want to try and stay away from the horror genre and focus more on creating suspense and mystery. This is why I chose science fiction. Many main themes of science fiction include, space, technology, the future, social issues, utopias and dystopias. These genre conventions best fit my vision of how I want my film to be interpreted by my audience. As a warning of what might be and how to avoid it.
As of right now my plan will be to finish my research on how to achieve the look I want for the film, how to work with low key lighting, shooting locations and casting.

  1. Research complete by 2/2
  2. Scriptwriting and funding complete by 2/9
  3. Pre Production complete by 2/23
  4. Production complete by 3/2
  5. Post Production complete by 3/16
This is what my schedule looks like so far. But knowing myself and my horrible procrastination skills Im hoping to stay on schedule. Let the adventures begin.


 Image result for sci fi countdown gif

Sources: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0844666/
https://www.britannica.com/art/science-fiction

Comments

  1. Nice use of multi-media images and gifs! Teach me your ways...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts