My Blog Aesthetic


Image result

The mise-en-scene has not changed since the last post that I talked about it. In this post I want to focus on my blog aesthetic. I’ve based the entire look of my blog around my film. Some peoples first thought I was making a horror movie and I wanted to clear up any confusion with my theme. The reason why it's dark is to signify the world wide power outage that is the main event in my film. It is meant to evoke a feeling of uncertainty and mystery.

Furthermore, at the beginning and end of each post there is a gif, or an image. As my blog continues to gain more posts it will alternate between the opening gifs with slight color in them to black and white. This representing the flickering of a light. It also makes it more appealing to the eye and interesting for the audience reading my blog. My blog is part of my artistic vision for this film. The entirety of the blog adding to the mise-en-scene of my film.  Hopefully creating a memorable experience for the audience.

(The movie is so new that I cannot find the title sequence, only the trailer)

I recently watch a movie on netflix called The Ritual, it's a horror movie, but I did like the title sequence. It was simplistic, showing the group of friends on their hike in the mountains with the words placed in the negative space of the frame. It made the whole image aesthetically pleasing to look at. It has inspired me to incorporate nature into me title sequence. I found a field that's in walking distance from my house. I'm going to set up my phone on a tripod and film the sunset. Then in post production, speed it up so the sky will appear to turn colors very quickly. I've always loved the Florida sunsets and sunrises, the sky turns the most beautiful colors. I'm using the sunset to show my audience that a main feature of my film is darkness. This will set the audience up for the rest of the movie.


Comments

Popular Posts