Sound

Image result for sound waves gif

I hate working with sound. It is so difficult to find a quiet place to record sound. I would start recording in my living room and there would be the noise of my dog walking across the wood flooring. My sister suggested that I record the sound of my reciting the poem in a closet. At first, I thought it was a silly idea but it turns out she was right. I sat in my moms walk in closet, my computer in my lap and recorded my voice. I took about 9 takes, and with every take there was always something that didn't work right. My voice would be to monotone, or I messed up the pronunciation of a word, or the pitch of my voice would be to loud and I could hear my breathing when I would speak. So I started using a technique of exhaling loudly with my headphones microphone a certain distance from my face. I would watch the soundbar on my phone until the exhale of my breath wouldn't appear on the soundbar. That way my voice wouldn't sound to scratchy and loud. Since none of the recordings turned out perfect I had to splice take 2 and 8 together by combining a word to make it flow. It was very difficult because I haven't worked with a lot of sound before. The pitch of the two recordings were different and there is a moment in my final cut where you can tell I switched recordings. It bothers me but I dont have the time to re-record and edit the sound. Mostly because I have my CCR that I have yet to script, film and edit.


The Lord Of The Ring's opening also inspired my audio editing, I loved the way the voice over sounded and wanted to mimic that.



(These are picture my sister took of me recording the voice over for the poem, in the closet.)

Comments

Popular Posts