Adding Text

Image result for typewriter gif


Image result for back to the future opening scene At first, I wasn't sure what order my titles were supposed to be in. After a little research I found the opening title sequence to Back to the Future and based my title sequence order off of that. Since I did the majority of this project solo, my name appeared most frequent in the opening. I added my sisters name since she was my right hand man for the entirety of the project. I also added the name of the artist whose song I used and the author of the poem that I recited. For a while my project didn't make sense and was a jumble of quick cuts with no narrative. Once I added the spoken word poem it helped add the narrative I needed to tie my project together into one cohesive whole.




I took a lot of inspiration from the opening title sequence of American Horror Story, and now I realize, Split. Both of these are more horror based films which might be why some people believe my film is a horror and not a science fiction. I am hoping to clear up some of this confusion with the font I am using Orbitron Regular. It carries a more futuristic, science fiction feeling to it. I realized how important the text font is to the mise-en-scene of the film. For example, if I used a cursive swirly font such as Great Vibes  it would give the film a more romantic feeling. Just as Cinzel Decorative looks more like an old english font, giving the film a more ancient and storytelling feeling. Films have a unique way to use font to give the feeling they want to their audience. Television shows such as Westworld, which is a science fiction, tend to have a more democratic color plate with futuristic text. A reoccuring theme with opening credits is their simplicity, and aesthetic appeal to whatever the main theme of the film is. The text also tends to be centered in the frame, however this is not always the case because many filmmakers creatively place the credits in objects within the frame.

Image result for AMERICAN HORROR STORY
Image result for split opening credits



Comments

Popular Posts