Editing part 2


Image result for editing film gif




Once, again, editing programs can be so frustrating to work with, I definitely prefer the production stage over post production. My uncle suggested an editing program he used called Filmora. The day before that my computer program of Premiere Pro stopped working with me. Over half of my files were inaccessible and a red error code would show up in place of the footage. It was so frustrating and useting, luckily I had not editing a lot of my video only the first  few scenes. I switched over to a free trial for this new program, because third time's a charm right? Yesterday afternoon once I got home from school I uploaded all of my video clips and began the editing process for the 3rd time. At this point I'm going to become an editor pro in almost all editing programs. I edited my first rough draft of the video, and it actually saved! Thank god. I'm going to make the investment and buy the program so I can get rid of th watermark. There are a could clips that I'm thinking of switching out and replacing. My sister filmed a sunrise on the drive to school and I might use that footage and some footage of these red trees that I think would look really cool after color correction. There is a scene of a tire on the left side of the frame that is covered in overgrown plants, it looks so cool but the clip is so short that I can’t use it in my film, it works better as an image.


         I chose to use a mix of short and fast cuts, towards the end I wanted to build suspense so I used shorter clips to speed up the rhythm of the film. In the short excerpts where the screen is black with flashing light is where the text for the title sequence will be. A few of those might be edited out or new ones added depending on how much text I will have. In addition, I still have to color correct all of the frames of the film and add sound. At the beginning of the title sequence I wanted to add the opening of Lionsgate productions to make the film appear more official. On Filmora there is also an editing feature that puts the black horizontal border on the video, to give it a cinematic look.




(First draft of filming editing)

Comments

Popular Posts